Kirby has vast experience in the areas of state and local government, water & reservoir law and general business litigation. Kirby serves as counsel for multiple water authorities in the planning, permitting, development and construction of water supply reservoirs, including issues before the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and Georgia Department of Natural Resources (Environmental Protection Division), condemnation and land acquisition issues, litigation, supply and yield analysis, construction contracts, and all other facets of reservoir development. Additionally, Kirby serves as counsel for state and local governmental entities on a wide spectrum of legal matters, including zoning, personnel, regulatory and litigation matters.
– Loyola University, New Orleans, J.D., 1974 (Law Review)
– University of Georgia, B.A., 1967
– U.S. Army 1967-1970 (Vietnam)
– Assistant Attorney General, State of Georgia, 1975-1982
– State Bar of Georgia
– Admitted to: • United States Supreme Court • United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals • United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals • United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals • United States District Courts for the Northern and Middle • Districts of Georgia • Supreme Court of Georgia • Georgia Court of Appeals