Chris practices in the areas of commercial real estate development, reservoir law, economic development and local government law. He devotes a significant portion of his practice to organizations involved in the development, construction and financing of commercial properties, as well as the sale and acquisition of all types of real estate developments. Chris has significant experience in all facets of water supply and reservoir planning and development, including issues before the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Environmental Protection Division. Chris also has extensive experience in the area of economic development, including issues related to public finance, incentives and public projects.
Prior to forming Atkinson Ferguson, LLC, Chris practiced for many years with a major regional law firm in Atlanta, Georgia. From 2005 to 2007 Chris served as Co-Chair of the Ethics and Professionalism Committee of the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Georgia. Chris was twice named as a Georgia Super Lawyer Rising Star. He serves in the Real Property Section and Local Government Section of the State Bar of Georgia.
– University of Georgia, J.D., cum laude, 2002
– University of Georgia, B.B.A., cum laude, 1999
– Past Chair, Ethics and Professionalism Committee of Young Lawyers Division
– Georgia Super Lawyer Rising Star (twice)
– National Multifamily Housing Council
– Atlanta Apartment Association
– Leadership Walton, 2010
– Georgia Academy for Economic Development, 2011
– State Bar of Georgia (Real Property and Local Government sections)
– State Bar of North Carolina
– Admitted to: • United States District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia • Supreme Court of Georgia • Georgia Court of Appeals